Just going to list some things here that may help someone with an Office365 Hybrid deployment.
- Create mailboxes on premise Exchange ECP only and if it’s an existing user then create it on an on premise database instead of choosing Office365 and then migrate it to Office365.
- Assign licenses only after a mailbox is fully migrated over to Office365
- Ensure that the domain is verified by Microsoft on Office365 otherwise the user will not get your corporate email domain, instead they will get firstname.lastname@example.org
- PowerShell commands to update your AD objects with AD connect to AzureAD
Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Initial
Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta
- To empty deleted user objects immediately from Office365
Install-Module -Name AzureAD
Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | Remove-MsolUser -RemoveFromRecycleBin -Force
I will be adding/removing/updating this content as often as I can so it’s a living/breathing blog post. This is designed to be a somewhat cheat sheet for Exchange Hybrid deployments. I will do my best not to put too much clutter on here. Feel free to comment on corrections/additions/amendments to the content.